If you are feeling desperate or thinking of suicide, please contact the organisations below for help before you do anything else:
- Samaritans (UK & Ireland) – Non-judgemental listening and support, 24 hours a day. 08457 90 90 90 (UK) or 1850 60 90 90 (ROI)
- Befrienders Worldwide – Links to crisis support hotlines and organisations around the world.
- Breathing Space (Scotland) – Out-of-hours phoneline and other resources. 0800 83 85 87
- C.A.L.L. Helpline (Wales) – 24 hours a day mental health helpline, plus dementia helpline and practical information. 0800 132 737
Chidren and young people
I don’t offer private counselling to anyone under 18, but if you need help please contact the organisations below:
- Childline – 24-hour helpline, online chat and other support. 0800 1111
- Get Connected – Afternoon and evening helpline for young people under 25. 0808 808 4994
- Kooth – Online counselling and support for people aged 11 to 25.
There are lots of websites and online forums offering support in all kinds of situations. Just search online and you will find sites that are relevant for you. If you have concerns about your health, a good place to start is:
- NHS Choices – Information and advice about a wide range of health issues for UK residents.